Head Chef, Pete Durkan, has shared his recipe for a fruity and flavoursome stuffing, perfect for your turkey this Christmas.
- 150g butter
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 500g fresh white bread crumbs
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 150g dried cranberry
- 100g dried apricots, finely diced
- 30g fresh flat leave parsley, finely chopped
- 20g fresh chive, finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, finely chopped
- Melt the butter over a low heat, and sweat off the diced onions in the butter with the thyme, until translucent and soft.
- Add the cranberry and diced apricot, cook over low heat for 2 minutes
- Take off the heat and add the breadcrumbs, combine all together with spoon
- Leave to cool down, and add the remaining fresh herbs and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to roasting dish, and cover with tinfoil. Bake in preheated oven at 180 c for 20 minutes, take off the foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking time to achieve a golden crust.