SUSTAINABILITY AT BALLYNAHINCH
Our Goals & Objectives
- To further reduce our energy usage and lower dependability on fossil fuels.
- We are investigating the feasibility of installing solar and hydro power units on site.
- To reduce our food waste by 26% and our landfill by 21% by the end of 2023.
- To reduce our water usage by 5%.
- To reduce our electricity usage by 5%.
- To continue working with our suppliers to further reduce unnecessary packaging.
- To eliminate single use plastic products throughout the estate, with the help of Green Hospitality's Plastic Smart Programme.
- To continue to remove non-native & invasive plant species and replace them with native trees throughout our estate.
- Install motion sensors for back of house lighting.
- To update to energy efficient windows in the Owenmore restaurant.
- To find an Irish producer of flour for our baking requirements.
- Being an active member of Green Hospitality Ireland and working towards achieving Silver Award and Gold Award with Green Hospitality.
- Provide opportunities for guests to carbon neutral their visit.
- To move to BioLPG in 2023, to further reduce our carbon footprint.
- To separate and recycle any and all polystyrene that comes into the business.
- To eliminate the use of 'bubble wrap' within the business.
- To develop an onsite renewable energy source.