4 ounces of plain flour
8 ounces of brown flour
250 milliliters of buttermilk
Quarter teaspoon of bread soda
Half an ounce of sugar
Pinch of salt
1.5 ounces of melted butter
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Gradually add in the buttermilk and melted butter. Mix well by hand (not in a machine)
3. Place into greased bread tins.
4. Bake at 175c for 1.5 to 2 hours.
5. Take out of the tin and tap the bottom if there is a hollow sound the bread is done.
6. Makes two breads in 1 lb tins