The small town of Clifden is 15 minutes' drive from the Ballynahinch Castle Hotel . The enchanting town is known as the secret capital of Connemara. The city is surrounded by the picturesque mountain landscape of the Twelve Bens and a breathtaking coastal landscape at the mouth of the Owenglin River and Clifden Bay in the Atlantic.
The Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in the heart of Connemara is just a 15 minute drive from Clifden in the heart of Connemara. Take a look at our offers.
The bustling city on the edge of Europe is the epitome of Irish life with its numerous pubs, restaurants and shops. Browse through the shops or take a walk and enjoy the special atmosphere that this town exudes. When you're out and about in Connemara, there's no getting around Clifden.
Located right on the Wild Atlantic Way, there are numerous spectacular viewpoints just a few miles from Clifden. Visit the place where the world's first transatlantic flight was successfully completed in 1919 and explore the surrounding Derrigimlagh Bog. Take in the spectacular views of Clifden Bay from Sky Road, or visit the tidal island of Omey, which can even be reached on foot when the tide is low.
- We have put together some events in Clifden and the surrounding area for you:
- ŠKODA Tour de Conamara - May 26, 2018
- Ballyconneely Performance Connemara Pony Show - June 2nd 2018
- Féile na mBád, Carraroe (regatta) - June 23 & 24, 2018
- Féile na mBád, Carna (regatta) - July 14-16, 2018
- Omey Races - August 5th & 6th, 2018
- Inishbofin Maritime Festival - August 10-12, 2018
- Connemara Pony Festival - August 15-17, 2018
- Tour De Bens - September 8th, 2018
- Clifden Arts Festival - September 13-23, 2018
- Clifden Traditional Music Festival - April 2019
- Connemara International Marathon (Connemarathon) - April 14, 2019